DOG ENTERTAINMENT MINISTRIES

Monday, September 12, 2011

RAPPER D#1G - How God Changed His Life



As a teenager he started to become attracted to the gangster life. David took on the street name of Lil G. He began hanging out with gangs, fighting, stealling, drinking, smoking weed, and partying. At age 16 he got his girlfriend pregnant so he droped out of school and got a job. He soon had a falling out with his parents and left home and use to stay in his car. At age 17 he had his first daughter. At age 20 david and his daughters mom split up. He began to develope anger and deprresion. He began to drink and party alot. He lived in Buckeye Az but would spend alot of time partieng in Phoenix Az. With anger, depression, and drinking in the mix he would start fights. His mindset was if he didn't care for his own life, he didn't care to take out your life. His ruthless attitude made him friends with some ruthless company like some mafia members. His life style made him feel like there was a dark shadow following him all the time. Death was closing in. David had a friend name Benjamin that would always come around and invite him to church but David would always tell him no. After all the party's, drinking, smoking, fighting and hurting people. He was tired of the life he was living. He tried to commit suicide by grabing the biggest kitchen knife and cutting his throat. He went into the bathroom and said " God if you are real im sorry and i know that im going to hell but i can't live like this anymore, Please forgive me!" And began slicing his throat. It started to bleed but then it would stop. So he did it again and it would start to bleed and it would stop."When I was cutting my throught I felt this strong presence fall on me and it was like it was hugging me, It was love! I never felt real love like that before in my life! I was seeking God and asking him for forgiveness for my life of sin and he wrapped his arms around me and forgave me. He gave me a second chance!" said David. David was rushed to the hospital and after he was treated he was admitted to a behavior health clinic (mental institution). "I felt great, i had peace, joy, love, i felt like i was lighter and all of my guilt, shame, deprression, and anger was no longer weighing me down!" says David. First thing he did when he got out was, go to church. First time David went to church he witness his friend Benjamin rap for God. He was amazed and asked if the next sunday he could rap also just to express thanks to God. David began to do christian rap under his street name Lil G and recorded and released an album. Later on he then changed his rapping name to D#1G. "It felt like i was bieng transformed in my walk with God and he was giving me a new name. Kind of like when Saul became Paul." says David. He now is married and has three daughters. Many places,concert venues, radio, tv, organizations and churches now invite David Gomez aka D#1G to rap, preach, testify, host, and also to organize concerts. He is also the youth leader at his church. He is now the founder of DOG ENTERTAINMENT MINISTRIES (D.O.G. stands for Disciples Of God) reaching people and spreading the gospel through entertainment.

Download his album free at our music page

No comments:

Post a Comment